The Cornell Big Red (4-1) go up against the Utah Valley Wolverines (3-1) on Monday, November 20, 2023 at 2:00 PM ET. In this preview, we analyze the Cornell vs. Utah Valley odds and lines ahead of this game.
The Big Red are a 4.5-point favorite against the Wolverines when the Big Red and the Wolverines square off. The matchup features a point total of 153.5.
Cornell won 13 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover 13 times. Utah Valley went 25-9-0 ATS last year.
Before this matchup, here is what you need to get ready for Monday’s college basketball action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Utah Valley at Cornell odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Cornell -4.5
- Total: 153.5
- Moneyline: Cornell -193, Utah Valley +163
Cornell vs. Utah Valley prediction
Cornell 78, Utah Valley 68
- Cornell has been the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and it won both of the games.
- The Big Red have played as a moneyline favorite of -193 or shorter in just two games this season, which they won both.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, Cornell has an implied win probability of 65.9%.
- Utah Valley was underdogs in 10 games last season and won six (60%) of those contests.
- Last season, the Wolverines won three of their six games when they were an underdog by at least +163 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 38.0% chance of a victory for Utah Valley.
Against the spread
- Cornell went 13-13-0 ATS last season.
- Utah Valley won 25 games against the spread last year, while failing to cover nine times.
- Last year, the 81.7 points per game the Big Red averaged were 13.1 more points than the Wolverines gave up (68.6).
- Cornell had a 13-7 record against the spread and a 17-5 record overall last season when putting up more than 68.6 points.
- Utah Valley went 19-6 against the spread and 23-5 overall last season when allowing fewer than 81.7 points.
- The Wolverines’ 77.4 points per game last year were just 1.4 more points than the 76 the Big Red gave up.
- Utah Valley went 9-2 against the spread and 13-1 overall when it scored more than 76 points last season.
- Cornell went 7-7 against the spread and 13-3 overall last season when it allowed fewer than 77.4 points.
- The Big Red totaled a total of 158 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 5.7 per game), and the Wolverines out-scored opponents by 325 points on the season (8.8 more per game).
- The Big Red had an average implied point total of 80 last season, which is one point higher than their implied total in Monday’s game (79).
- Last year, Cornell put up more than 79 points in 16 games.
- The Wolverines’ average implied point total last season (74.6 points) is 0.4 points lower than their implied total in this matchup (75 points).
- Utah Valley outscored its implied point total for this matchup (75) only once last year.