The Drake Bulldogs (3-0) aim to build on a three-game win streak when they visit the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (3-1) at 1:30 PM ET on Monday, November 20, 2023 at John Gray Gymnasium. The contest airs on FloHoops. In this preview, we take a look at the Drake vs. SFA odds and lines for this matchup.
The Bulldogs are a 2.5-point favorite against the ‘Jacks when the Bulldogs and ‘Jacks square off. The matchup features a point total of 143.5.
Drake won 16 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 18 times. SFA won 16 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 13 times.
Before this matchup, here’s everything you need to get ready for Monday’s college hoops action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Drake at SFA odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Drake -2.5
- Total: 143.5
- Moneyline: Drake -138, SFA +116
Drake vs. SFA prediction
Drake 78, SFA 77
- Drake finished 25-4 in games it was favored on the moneyline last season (winning 86.2% of those games).
- The Bulldogs went 24-4 when playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -138 or shorter (85.7%).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, Drake has an implied win probability of 58.0%.
- SFA was underdogs 12 times last season and won four, or 33.3%, of those games.
- The ‘Jacks had a record of 2-7 in games where bookmakers had them as underdogs of at least +116 on the moneyline.
- SFA has a 46.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
Against the spread
- Drake put together a 16-17-1 ATS record last year.
- SFA put together a 16-12-1 record against the spread last season.
- Last year, the Bulldogs recorded only 4.8 more points per game (74.8) than the ‘Jacks allowed (70).
- Drake went 11-9 against the spread and 19-2 overall last season when scoring more than 70 points.
- When SFA allowed fewer than 74.8 points last season, it went 12-6 against the spread and 16-6 overall.
- The ‘Jacks’ 75.8 points per game last year were 11.9 more points than the 63.9 the Bulldogs gave up to opponents.
- When it scored more than 63.9 points last season, SFA went 16-5-1 against the spread and 19-7 overall.
- Drake’s record was 12-12-1 against the spread and 22-5 overall when it allowed fewer than 75.8 points last season.
- The Bulldogs outscored their opponents by a total of 381 points last season (10.9 points per game on average), and the ‘Jacks put up 187 more points than their opponents on the year (5.8 per game).
- The average implied total for the Bulldogs last season was 73.4 points, 0.4 more points than their implied total of 73 points in Monday’s game.
- Last season, Drake outscored its implied point total for this matchup (73) 21 times.
- The 73.9-point average implied total last season for the ‘Jacks is 2.9 more points than the team’s 71-point implied total in this matchup.
- SFA outscored its implied point total for this matchup (71) twice last year.